Complementary medicines in New Zealand are undergoing a complete revision of the regulatory system around them. This will have significant effects for products currently sold as Dietary Supplements and those to be brought to market in the future.
The New Zealand Ministry of Health are now calling for review and comment on the proposed outlines in Regulation of Natural health Products Consultation documents.
- The Regulation of Natural Health Products: Consultation document
- Draft Code of Manufacturing Practice
- Draft Code of Manufacturing Practice Guidelines
- Draft Guidelines for Natural Health Products Evidence Requirements
- Draft list of conditions about which claims can be made
To view the documents go to NZ Natural Health Products Consultation documents